Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DIY Clothing Rack

We just got in from a fun trip to Michigan, and as I spend the day tackling the laundry and unpacking, I thought I would share one of the many projects we have been up to. Since the nursery will be doubling as a guest room, there is a lack of storage/closet space. Originally, I had plans of making a standing clothing rack that could be used by guests as well as for baby clothes. It soon become clear, however, that there wasn't sufficient space in this multi purpose room. Using this image as inspiration, I came up with my own simple DIY clothing rack for baby girl to hang her pretty clothes (more practical things will be stored elsewhere). 
~
There are only a few items needed for this DIY: two wooden brackets, string (it worked for light weight baby clothes, but probably something more heavy duty if you're hanging heavier items), and a wooden dowel. Best part? The total cost was a grand $8. 
We found these wooden brackets at Lowes.  They were fine, but I wasn't a huge fan of the curves.
 Connor simply cut the curvy part off to give me a cleaner look and I put on a quick coat of poly. We then drilled a hole through the tip and with a needle put the string through tying a not at the top.
The last step was to wrap the wooden dowel with the hanging string at the desired height. That's it! So simple, and I love the results. You're getting a little sneak peak into the nursery here…..more coming I promise!



1 comment:

  1. My restless, roaming spirit would not allow me to remain at home very long. See the link below for more info.


    #restless
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete