Saturday, November 29, 2014

Advent Calendar and some Friday links (on a Saturday)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was a quiet yet good one. I had visions of creating this beautiful spread for my family, but a lot of the day involved me sitting with a heating pad, giving Red instructions from the kitchen table. And you know what? It was fine! The turkey ended up being the most delicious turkey we've ever had (we are going to brine our turkey every year I'm hosting from now on), and I was able to just sit back and enjoy the day with my family despite it not looking just so. I was reminded of the Thanksgiving when Red was in Iraq and I just wanted to get through the day in one piece because I missed him so much. Not to mention- we have a little girl with a baby on the way…..and life is so, so good.
~
As December first approaches, I thought I would share the DIY advent calendar (and free printable) I made last year. I had nearly decided that with the new baby (coming any day!) we would leave this tradition and pick it up again next year, but then I saw this idea for a movie advent and loved it. A movie advent? Now that's something I can do, newborn and all.


and here are some favorite links:

How to make your own latte art
Pretty Christmas inspiration
12 amazing inexpensive wines (for under $12)
Ikea's new "greatest hits" collection
Along with drooling over the IG pics of her new home, I'm loving how Kate Arends is decorating for the holidays…
Calvin Klein's home
This photo shoot makes me excited for winter
Love this nursery
Dream coat



0 comments: