Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Favorite Summer Recipe: Fresh Corn Salad

I don't know about you, but I like to keep my summer entertaining simple, with a menu that usually revolves around grilling something or other. I discovered this recipe last year, and it has been a huge hit every time I serve it. This corn salad encompasses everything I love about summer eating; fresh ingredients (with basil from our herb garden), it's simple, and can be served warm or cold (we prefer warm).  It's basically summer in a dish, and we have been eating it on repeat about once a week because Connor and I simply cannot get enough of this stuff.


- 5 ears of corn, shucked
-1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
-3Tblsp. olive oil
-1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves

*In a large pot of boiling water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until starchiness is gone. Drain and immerse in cold water to stop the cooking and set the color. When cool, cut close to the cob and toss with onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Add basil just before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature. Original recipe found here.




0 comments: