Tuesday, August 2, 2011

That's Amore

Italy blew my mind. For as long as I can remember it was at the top of my travel list, so in the back of my mind I was prepared to be a little disappointed. I'm happy to say that Italy exceeded my high expectations.
~
I thought Rome would be incredible, but mainly in a historical way........but it was so much more than the beautiful historic buildings/Vatican/Sistine Chapel (which were...wow). In the alleyways, there was this charm about the city with mopeds and family run restaurants. I fell in love with Rome.
Then there was Venice. I was secretly worried that it would be cheesy with Disney World type street performers. It was the complete opposite, and seemed quaint and untouched like we were stepping back in time. (In fact, Red tells me I was speaking to him in my sleep about how beautiful Venice was.) There were literally no streets, cars, mopeds and instead TONS of canals and bridges. The Italian alps did not disappoint as we hiked Europe's largest alpine meadow from the austrian village Castelrotto(it used to be part of Austria). The view was stunning.
Lake Como was the perfect end to our trip and we sipped wine and sat on our room terrace with the most incredible view. We walked a lot, laughed a lot, ate lots of Gelati, and made lots of memories.

0 comments: