Friday, February 24, 2012

Pin-Test

As promised, here is my first "healthy living" post! I found this recipe on pinterest, and admit to being very skeptical at first. I will say that I do not especially like fresh/uncooked cauliflower, but this stuff.........this can't be cauliflower. It's incredible, and even passed Red's taste test with flying colors (he will tell me if my healthy recipe's will taste good to other people). Believe it or not, they actually taste like fries! I'm so excited to have a healthy football food that isn't a veggie platter. That said, we will be enjoying this treat year round. Happy Friday!
~
Images & Recipe found here
What you will need:
  • 2 heads of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of pepper

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Wash and clean the cauliflower. Cut off and discard the stem. Cut the cauliflower up into small pieces.
  3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower pieces and thoroughly coat each piece.
  4. Place cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for one hour and turn 3 times during cooking until each piece has a nice brown coloring. The browner they are the better.
  5. Remove from oven and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Excited to try it! I actually just learned of a similar recipe -- almost exactly the same as this one except instead of salt and pepper you use Montreal Steak Seasoning. I am excited to compare the two. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, I'll definitely have to give it try! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete