- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (30)
- ► 2014 (79)
- ► 2013 (105)
- Nursery: Sources and DIY Bird Mobile/Art Piece
- Nursery Complete
- This Memorial Day
- Stripe It
- Favorite Kid's Rooms
- This weekend according to my phone
- Designer Love: Jessica Helgerson
- DIY Driftwood Mirror
- Friday Roundup
- Etsy Giveaway!!
- New at Madeline Weinrib
- Currently Loving
- AND Friday is here
- The Cameroonian Juju Hat
- ▼ May (16)
Thursday, May 31, 2012
I've received a number of questions/emails about the sources for items in our nursery, and thought it would be helpful to compile a list for you. The bird "art piece" I originally made as a mobile, but it was too much with the painting, so I decided to still use it because I liked it so much. The running joke between Red and I is that I come up with all the good ideas and then get people to do all the work for me. That said, my mom is an amazing seamstress and helped me sew each of these little birds as well as my crib sheet (thanks mom:).
For those of you who have asked, I found the pattern for the birds on a site that is no longer active (sorry). I'm sure you could make you own pattern fairly easily though. We stuffed them, and then I found the driftwood at our local beach.
1. Crib sheet- my mom made for me....I got the fabric from this lovely shop.
2. Triangle pillow-in the corner was from this etsy shop (one of my favorites really).
3. Other pillows/bench- I already owned.
4. Vintage crates- craigslist
5. Vintage dresser- craigslist
6. Painting- Caroline Wright
7. Wood Alphabet- etsy shop Bookhou
Thanks again for all your sweet comments and emails!