Tuesday, July 3, 2012

No Sugar/No Flour Oat Drops

We enjoyed having my mom and brother visit this past week.  Reese got lots of quality time with her grandma and uncle, I got some naps, and I even got to try a couple new recipes.  One of them was a "healthy brownie"- it basically substituted sweet potato for flour.  It wasn't horrible, but when I asked if I should make it again, both Red and my brother said "naaaa".  Ha!  Thank goodness we have a couple favorite "healthy desserts" that I can always come back to after a flop.  This is one of those recipes for us.  Happy Fourth!
~
recipe & image found on pinterest via

Ingredients
- 1 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1 c. coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4c. almond meal
- 1/2c. mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 1c. dried fruit 
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4c. veg. oil
- 1tsp. vanilla

* Preheat oven 175.  Line baking sheet w/ parchment paper.
* In a large bowl combine oats, almond meal, mixed nuts & coconut flakes.  Stir in allspice & cinnamon.  Add dried fruit & stir until evenly mixed.
* In another bowl combine oil, mashed banana, & vanilla.  Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients & stir until combined. 
* Bake 20 min. or until edges golden brown    

0 comments: