Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

Today's "healthy living" recipe comes from a dear friend of mine.  She and her two daughters visited Reese and me a couple weeks ago while Red was in the field (a.k.a. - away at training) and we made a point to exchange our favorite healthy recipes.  Although I was a little unsure of the combination of paprika & cinnamon, she convinced me to try these and I'm so glad I did.  They are easy, delicious, and healthy (win, win, WIN).
~
      


Sweet Potato Fries

2-3 Yams or Sweet Potatoes (cut into spears)
3 Tbsp. coconut oil (I used 2 Tblsp. Olive oil + 1 Tblsp. coconut oil)
1/2 Tblsp. Paprika
1/2 Tblsp. Cinnamon
Salt + Pepper to taste ( I used none, didn't think it needed it)

* Preheat oven to 375.  Whisk spices and oil together and then toss sweet potato spears in mixture until well coated.  Place evenly on a cookie sheet & bake 25-30 min, turning halfway through.





0 comments: