Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Look for Less- the Parisian Bistro Chair

Sorry for my irregular posting, but as mentioned earlier- we have been busy over here.  Since Red had officially started his job before we moved into the house, we have had to take full advantage of nights and weekends to work on our home.  This means painting until midnight after a full day of unpacking/organizing.....and unfortunately the entire house needs painting.  After finishing the last coat of paint for the (once red) dining room last night, we agreed to save the painting for the weekends.  We have been burning the candle at both ends with R waking early, and we are just too exhausted to keep this going much longer. 
As mentioned earlier, I have been taking full advantage of the local craigslist here.  Craigslist is probably my favorite place for getting a good deal on larger pieces followed closely by etsy.  I thought I would start a little series of sharing with you my finds and then comparing them to the brand new option- just to encourage creativity.

~
Let's start here.  I really love this rattan Serena and Lily chair.  The Parisian bistro style totally gets me, the only thing is the price and the fear that I would get sick of the color after a little bit.


These thonet style ones are probably my favorite.  The Scandinavian design lover in me is drawn to the soothing neutrals.

Maybe you've noticed the trend, but I love the mixture of the rattan styled with a tulip table.   The modern lines of the table balances these more traditional chairs. 

So here is my find.  Not the coveted thonet styled chairs, but for $30 a piece- I'll take it.

0 comments: