Friday, June 6, 2014

DIY Modern "Brass" lighting for $10 and a dining room reveal

By now, this is hardly a reveal.  You have caught glimpses of the process of the transformation of our dining room over this past year (here and here), but not the entire room.  Well, here it is!  I secretly hate "reveals" because the word seems to connotate that the room is exactly the way you want it, finished, or perfect.  I don't know if I have ever felt that way about a room.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with the turnout…..I see this room as my very best effort with the budget we agreed upon. The table and bench were DIY thanks to Red, the bar cart and Bentwood chairs were cheap craigslist finds, and the head chairs were our splurge.  After the purchase of the head chairs, we agreed that we were done spending money on house things for a while (aside from Christmas and birthday money), so I sort of decided that I had to be content with the ugly standard-new-house-lighting we had from when we first moved into our house.  There are worse things.  Then one night when I was having trouble sleeping, I made up my mind that I could come up with a cheap alternative that would neither cost us much in terms of money or design….my favorite type of challenge.  Here I give you my $10 lighting….I will share the tutorial with you next week.
~
And just for fun, here is a picture of the dining room when we first bought the house (our realtor's picture and previous owner's furniture).
The transformation with the new lighting:




0 comments: