Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Earth Day.

I realize Earth Day happened last week, but today it was 30 degrees outside so I refuse to consider this post late. Our patio-the reason we want to make it a nice space? Sure I love having a well designed space to look at from the kitchen, but it's so much more than that. It's a place for us to enjoy with our girls, and for Connor and me to retreat to after the girls are down for the night. A place for us to sip our wine/moscow mules and just talk about whatever we want without interruption. But it's also a place for us to to entertain. We love hosting out of town guests, and we get a lot of visitors. We love it. We have lived all over the country and made some really wonderful friends along the way- so much so that they are willing to travel to us wherever we live. I don't for one second take this for granted! Because of that, we give a lot of thought to making our home conducive to hosting out of town guests. So along those lines, here is my current inspiration for our balcony. I'm really loving the idea of a privacy screen to make our balcony more cozy.
~
                                                                                                        via

And here is my moodboard for the space. I already have some Homecrest chairs that I found on craigslist, we are turning our old bench that Connor made (originally for the dining room in Indianapolis) into more outdoor seating, using a rug I found on craigslist, and adding some plants and pillows. 



1. Bench
2. Plants
3. String lights
4. Homecrest Chairs
5. Rug
6. Eye pillow
7. Leaf Pillow
8. Black planters



0 comments: