Thursday, April 6, 2017

DIY Mussel Shell Place cards

As mentioned before, I'm hosting Easter this year! I couldn't be more excited to have my parents in town to experience Easter with the girls. Last summer and fall, the girls and I collected tons of mussel shells from the beach near our house, and have been gradually putting them to use. The natural blue ombre in mussel shells is so gorgeous, and I loved idea of incorporating them in our Easter tablescape. Using this pen, I created these pretty place cards for the table. As you can see in the bottom picture, due to the shine of the shell it is tricky to pick up the lettering on camera, but in person they are so so pretty.
~
Though I plan on trading out the dried Eucalyptus for fresh greens/flowers, this is the general idea. I used one of my old scarves as a table runner, and there you go! Simple. 



0 comments: