Thursday, October 5, 2017

On trends

Whenever I'm feeling uninspired creatively, I take a step back and examine how much time I am spending looking at other designers or on instagram. Blogs and other forms of social media are a great platform to see design projects and designers I might not otherwise see, to share current projects, and even to grow a business. One of the downsides though is the rise in trends, they come in a flurry and then all of a sudden we all look the same and decorate the same. We lose what makes us unique (and in my opinion, interesting). I am not taking an anti-trend stance (just visit my house and you will see many trendy pieces), but rather I'm advocating to really be in tune with your personal style to where you would know whether or not a specific trend suits you. The best compliment I can get as a designer is for a client to tell me that their home feels like them. Here are a couple spaces where I breath out a sigh of relief and think to myself "I haven't seen that before":
~

1/2/3/4



SaveSaveSaveSave

0 comments: