Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day

It's taken me a while to do a Valentine's Day post because I have so many mixed feelings about the holiday.  On one hand, I love an excuse to celebrate the special people in my life.  But on the other, I dislike the cheesy part of the holiday.  It often feels like for every holiday/special occasion, our culture becomes especially materialistic.  Valentine's Day is no exception.  I love the idea of celebrating Valentines Day creatively.....making it less about money spent and more about the person/people celebrating it with.  We have a very light Valentine's Day celebration over here because it also happens to be Red's birthday...coincidentally one of my favorite days of the year.
~
Flowers and macaroons, who can complain?   
~
Cute packaging for a special lunch for your sweetie or kiddos:
~
Dinner Party inspiration (via)
~
One of the few Valentine's Crafts that I love....possible photo booth prop?
~
And of course, some Vaentine's Day macaroons:

0 comments: