Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentines Day: It's the small things

Because Red's birthday is on Valentines' Day, we limit our Valentine's celebration to the morning (I like to make the rest of the day his day).  To make our special breakfast just a little more special, I made these Valentine's mugs with mugs we already owned.  This is quite possibly the easiest and cheapest DIY I've done yet.  All you need is a porcelain marker and a couple white mugs.  I then baked them in the oven at 300 for 30 minutes so that they would be dishwasher safe.  Using words from a favorite poem, our homemade hot chocolate and marshmallows will be all the sweeter this year. 
~



4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I didn't know you could do that with regular mugs! Love it creative friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! 2 questions: 1.) did you use a stencil, or is your handwriting really that nice? 2.) I love those coasters, where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use a stencil…I did practice on normal paper before hand. I was amazed myself it didn't end badly! The coasters are from Target- cheap and simple!

      Delete