Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Healthy Living: Kale Chips

Since I've been making R's baby food and trying to give her a wide variety of vegetables, it occurred to me that I could use some variety in my veggie diet as well.  I realize there's nothing new about kale chips, but liking them is new to me.  I always try to give healthy foods a couple of attempts before I completely mark them off my list.  I'm pretty sure that when I had first made them a while back, I had actually over cooked them......and let me tell you that burnt kale chips are disgusting.  I'm including a picture so you can see what they should look like- green with the edges slightly brown.  
Preheat oven to 400.  Wash kale and pat dry.  Break off semi-large pieces (it will shrink when baked) of kale leaving out the stems.  Arrange on a single layer on a cookie sheet.  Spray with olive oil spritzer ( such as this one here), and season to your preference.  Since I generally try to stay away from salt, I have been  trying out different Mrs. Dash seasonings.  Bake 6-7 minutes (but keep in mind that I have a hot oven, so it may be less for you).  


0 comments: