Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Healthy Living Post: Zucchini Fries

Hey there!  R and I got in last night from NY and as is normal for me the day after a trip, today has been a catch-up day.  We could not have had a more wonderful time.  As I spent a good amount of time at my friend's home prior to our move, it felt like coming back to a second home.  I got to meet her sweet baby girl (R was crazy about her little friend), we stayed up way too late for our own good most nights, and hit up some of my favorite old spots (and friends!).  There is something so great about visiting a good friend where the only expectation is to visit with one other.  As is normal for us when we get together, we tried a new recipe that I need to share with you all.   These zucchini fries were delicious and I was excited that I have a new way of eating zucchini (besides these turkey burgers).  I also love that there isn't a lot of prep time involved.  
Note: We sliced ours small to make them more crispy and used olive oil instead of butter.   

1 cup sliced Zuchini 
1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
10 squirts of butter spray (we used olive oil)


Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with some cooking spray. Place the zucchini slices out on the pan, then spritz with them with the butter spray/olive oil. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and then pop it in the oven. Broil for about 10 minutes - until the cheese and zucchini start to brown and looks crispy. 



0 comments: