Thursday, August 8, 2013

more of Norway

Hey there, I have some more favorites from Norway that I wanted to share with you today.  Before that, though,  I wanted to let you know that I'm being featured on Design Sponge today.  As a long time reader of Design Sponge, I'm just a little excited about that.....just a little.  Ok-back to Norway.  

Bergen was my favorite city that we visited.  I fell in love with the colorful wooden houses, the fish market, and the charming harbor.
Below is a medieval Stave church that we visited, you can see the Viking influence in the architecture.  Everywhere we went in Bergen there were miniature troll figurines, and we later learned that church bells were believed to help ward off any ill-tempered trolls.  So interesting!

Below is my favorite B&B from the trip.  It was so darling, we didn't mind the mini twin beds(my 5'4" self was touching the foot board)!
Oslo's pretty opera house was another highlight-it's made to look like a floating glacier.  We watched the sunset on the lower half and it was a breathtaking view not to mention a wonderful memory.

I was so inspired by this pretty garden- proof that you don't need a lot of space to create an outdoor haven.
I'm going to end it here with the beautiful Pulpit Rock.  It was such an incredible experience to see it in person.

0 comments: