Friday, August 9, 2013

Scalloped

One of the things I love about traveling, is the inspiration I take home with me from the things and people I see.  This past trip was no exception.  On our train ride from Oslo to Bergen, I kept seeing these scallop tiled rooftops on beautiful quaint houses.  The picture below is from the view at our B&B in Bergen, and again I couldn't help noticing the beautiful scalloped tile.  I feel pretty confident in saying that my dream house will have a similar rooftop.  And of course, I'm leaving you with some Friday links.....
As one always drawn to clean lines, I have often thought scallops a little too feminine for my taste.  Well, not anymore!  Here are some scalloped things that I'm digging right now......until I can get my scalloped rooftop.
1.wallpaper 2.cupcake stand 3. photo booth backdrop 4. brass bowl 5. laundry hamper

Considering this option for our countertops
This graduation speech on kindness by George Saunders.....wow
Like everyone else, I'm over the moon excited about H&M launching there online site- even more excited about their Home collection.
One of my favorite house tours, hands down.
Really loving Jcrew's Fall denim line
This little art tutorial

0 comments: