Tuesday, December 17, 2013

3 Simple DIY Gift Wrapping Ideas

Last year I decided to get a little more creative with my gift wrap, and I enjoyed it so much that I knew I wanted to do it again.  With R's sporadic naps the past couple weeks, it's become a little more challenging to find time for these types of crafts, so I've started doing them in fifteen minute increments over the course of a few days.  

1.  Carve a stamp out of a potato.  Honestly, it's way easier than it looks, and remember it doesn't have to be perfect.
2.  Use cookie cutters and doilies to add texture. After making the initial shape, I put down a layer of double stick tape, and then added bits cut from a doily to make these snowflakes.  I also stole my friend Julie's idea and bought wooden gift tags and painted them with chalkboard paint.
3.  Use washi tape to make shapes.  If your especially short on time, this is such an easy way to amp up your gift wrapping this year




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow you are so creative... and patient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, well I did it while we watched a movie, otherwise I might not have had the patience!

      Delete