Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Healthy Living Post: Simple Taco Salad


I debated for a while whether to share this one with you or not….it almost seemed too simple. However- this stage of life that I'm in…..this season of eating on the go and in between nap times ……this season calls for simpler meals. I'm betting some of you are also looking for healthy meals that don't require a special trip to your health food store. This taco salad has become my go-to lunch, it's easy to throw together, guarantees my spinach intake for the day, and does not require any salad dressing (thank you salsa). Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Taco Seasoning
2tsp. minced onion/onion powder
1tsp salt ( I usually do about half)
1tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepepr
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. oregeno
1/3 cup water

* I usually use ground turkey and throw it on top of some baby spinach, along with a little bit of corn, cheese, and salsa. I make enough taco meat/ground turkey for the week, so it's easy to throw together every day. 





0 comments: