Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Trend Alert- Linen Bedding

It's somewhat of an oxymoron- putting the words trend and linen together, but lately I've been seeing it everywhere.  We have owned our white linen duvet for about four years (it takes a break in hot summer months), and it's remains a purchase that I stand behind.  Like a lot of people, I have a tendency to get tired of pattern more quickly than I (or Connor)would like. So I use pillows for pattern and texture and while my simple white linen duvet stays put. We are currently in the middle of changing up our bedroom scheme, and I love that it's as simple as changing out some pillows. If I haven't sold you yet- our linen duvet gets softer with each wash, and looks best a little "wrinkled"- which is super ideal with little ones. (This is not an add, I just really like linen:).
~
 Here is our bedroom with it's linen duvet and old set up of pillows:
I also used linen bedding recently in designing my in-laws bedroom:
How beautiful is this set-up by Holly at Avenue Lifestyle? She is a master at using linen.
Below is one of my most favorite images (also from Holly), I love how she mixed different shades.
I don't naturally gravitate towards pink (in such a large scale), but I'm really loving this mauve linen. It feels more subtle.

0 comments: