Monday, June 6, 2016

A Simple Ice Cream Birthday Party and DIY Garland

My parents were in town this past weekend so we threw an early (simple) ice cream birthday party for Reese. Knowing we were going to spend the majority of the day touring Boston, I wanted to keep it pretty low key this year. I found some old plywood (the day before!) and sprayed it with chalkboard paint, dug out this striped table cloth,  and made a simple ice cream garland to add a personal touch. Reese has always been extremely observant, so she's one to notice and appreciate these little things. 
~
My sweet soon-to-be four year old:
For those opting for a more simple birthday celebration for your little one this year- this ice cream garland was both easy and whimsical.  I bought this lantern garland (yay amazon prime!), and then glued sugar cones to the lanterns with a glue gun. I tied fishing line to them to make a garland, that's it. So easy.


0 comments: