Monday, May 14, 2012

Pin-test

Last week I celebrated my last day of work with getting a much needed haircut.  I'm lucky enough to have a friend who is an amazing stylist, so she came over to my place and we made a day of it with a couple other girlfriends getting their hair done as well.  It was an overall fun girl day, and I decided to try these Coconut-Lemon Meltaways as a healthy treat.  They did not disappoint!


Ingredients:  
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1 1/2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 c. coconut flour
2 pinches of salt
6 Tblsp Agave Nectar (I used honey)
1 Tblsp. Lemon zest
4 Tblsp Lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. + 1Tblsp (Melted) Coconut Oil

Directions:
1.  Mix dry ingredients in bowl (almond flour, coconut, coconut flour, and salt)
2.  Mix next 4 wet ingredients in seperate bowl (agave, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla)
3.  Slowly (with mixer) combine wet ingredients in with the dry.
4.  Finally add in the melted coconut oil to thicken the mixture
5.  Make into cookies and either a) dehydrate or keep them in a warm oven for 1 hr  OR b) cool them in your fridge for an hour.  I tried both and preferred them warm out of the oven.  Enjoy!


0 comments: