Thursday, July 24, 2014

Scandinavian Boy Nursery Inspiration

So, I guess I should share the reason behind my inconsistent posting this Summer.  While I definitely have been enjoying the beautiful weather and spending time with my family, that's not the sole reason for my absence here.  I'm pregnant with a baby girl!  We are beyond excited.  Though I have no real complaints as far as the pregnancy is concerned, I will note that nothing seems to sap my creativity more than exhaustion and nausea (only the first few months this time, thank goodness).  
The funny thing is, though I actually thought it was a girl all along (and secretly hoped for one), I found myself being drawn to baby boy names and nursery things.  Ever since our Norway trip (seen here and here), I loved the idea of a Scandinavian nursery as a nod towards Connor's heritage.  So since we are not having a boy, I thought I would share my inspiration board with you: 

When designing a room, I usually start with a pattern that I love…….whether it be fabric, an art piece, a rug, curtains, or wallpaper.  I find it's easier to build a cohesive room that way, and mixing patterns isn't as tricky when you start with the ones that you love.  In this case, I fell in love with the Robert Allen folkland fabric, and probably would have used it to make a crib sheet.  Not seen in this mood board, is the crib and other furniture we already have…..I'm still unsure how I want to rearrange our furniture in the house between the two girls.  More on that later!






0 comments: