Thursday, October 30, 2014

Reese's big girl room reveal

The transition of Reese's room from nursery to toddler/little girl room was bound to take place since I would need the crib for baby girl #2, but I didn't expect to have to start making the change before her second birthday. When Reese started climbing out of her crib last May, we transitioned the crib to a toddler bed knowing it was a temporary fix. Fast forward a couple months, and I was excited to find this bed on craigslist for $20 and quickly transformed it into a look-alike Oeuf bed. Since then, our active girl has used nap time to knock over her bookcase, tear up her books, push the rocking chair upside down, pull the curtain rods out of the wall, and most recently chip the paint off the newly painted bed frame with anything hard she can find. So what you are seeing below, is Reese's room as I would like it to be 24/7, but it is most definitely not. For us, nap time means taking her bookcase out of the room with all the books and any hard objects. While I still can hear her jumping off the bench and bed (and a little voice counting before the big jump) during "nap time", at least I feel that I've done everything to keep her from getting hurt (and everything ruined). I'm hoping the room as it is below is in our near future though:)….


Below you can see the DIY pom-pom garland I made a while back, and more recently my mom turned R's old crib sheet into a pillow for her bed because I loved the fabric so much.
Below you can see the DIY barn wood shelf I made last year….


Ps. Hope you enjoy Halloween tomorrow…this is R's first year of tricker treating, and I'm excited to watch her experience it. If you're running low on costume ideas, here are R's costumes the past couple years.




0 comments: