Thursday, January 29, 2015

Valentines Day Traditions- Old and New

Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and I've just started giving it some thought. We are big on traditions over here….and traditionally the morning is celebrated as Valentines Day and the remainder of the day as Connor's birthday. The morning includes tulips and homemade hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows in our Valentines Day mugs. There is a special(sugary) homemade breakfast while I sneak one(or two…..or three….) of the macarons C bought for me. Below is a photo from our morning last year…we got up before Reese woke up and enjoyed a quiet morning just us. It was great- and this was the plan again for this year until I started thinking more about it. The breakfast is a must, but this year I think what really sounds nice and romantic is to have a simpler one(store bought maybe??) in bed and filling those mugs with really good coffee. Who knows? Maybe we're forming a new tradition...
~
Our Valentine's mugs I made here a couple years ago….






2 comments:

  1. Oh I simply love this! And fabulous mugs. I'm a big fan of Valentine's Day - I usually handmake cards for family and friends and usually send some homemade truffles or cookies. I'm kinda cheesy like that but what can I say, I love love! :)

    ReplyDelete